Taxi in Leicester for Local Hotels and Attractions
Why I Needed a Taxi in Leicester to Explore the City
When I arrived in Leicester for the first time, I was buzzing with
excitement. I'd heard so much about the city—its history, its amazing
restaurants, its fantastic attractions. But here's what I quickly realized:
having a good plan for getting around was absolutely crucial. That's when I
discovered just how important finding a reliable taxi in Leicester really is.
I was staying at a lovely hotel in the city center, but the problem was
simple: I wanted to explore loads of different attractions across Leicester,
and I didn't have a car. Walking everywhere would've taken ages, and I didn't
fancy trying to figure out the bus system while carrying a map and trying to
enjoy my holiday at the same time. That's when I started using Everest Taxis
regularly, and honestly, it transformed my entire Leicester experience.
Whether you're visiting Leicester for business, taking a holiday, or just
passing through, using a Taxi
in Leicester to explore local hotels and attractions is
genuinely one of the smartest decisions you can make. Let me tell you exactly
why and how I made it work.
Understanding Leicester's Main Hotels and Where They're
Located
Before jumping into using a taxi in Leicester, I quickly realized I needed
to understand where the main hotels actually are and what attractions are
nearby.
The Hotel Situation in Leicester
Leicester has quite a few hotels scattered across the city. The main hotel
areas include the city center (where I was staying), and there are also hotels
near the business parks and in quieter residential areas. When you're planning
a taxi in Leicester journey, knowing where your hotel is makes a real
difference.
My hotel was perfectly positioned for exploring the city center attractions.
From there, a taxi in Leicester could take me to most major attractions in just
5-15 minutes, depending on traffic. This was brilliant because I didn't feel
locked into my hotel location—I had the whole city at my fingertips.
Popular Attractions Worth Visiting
Leicester has some genuinely impressive attractions that are worth
exploring:
- The National Space Centre:
About 3-4 miles from the city center
- King Richard III Visitor Centre:
Right in the city center, part of Leicester Cathedral
- Leicester Market: A
historic covered market in the heart of the city
- High Cross Shopping Centre:
For shopping and dining experiences
- The Curve Theatre: If
you're into performances and shows
- Abbey Park and Abbey Pumping Station:
Great for outdoor time and museums
- Belgrave Road: Known as
the "Golden Mile" for fantastic Indian food and culture
Using a taxi in Leicester meant I could visit all these places without
worrying about parking, navigation, or how I'd get back to my hotel if I was
tired.
My First Experience Using a Taxi in Leicester
Let me take you back to my first morning in Leicester. I'd arrived the
evening before and was settled in my hotel. I had the whole day to explore, but
I was genuinely a bit nervous about getting around an unfamiliar city.
Booking My First Taxi
I asked the hotel reception for taxi recommendations, and they mentioned Everest Taxis.
I decided to give them a try. Booking was simple—I called them up, explained I
wanted to visit the National Space Centre, and they quoted me a fair price and
gave me a pickup time. That was it. No complicated forms, no confusing
processes. Just straightforward service.
The Taxi Arrives
When the taxi arrived at my hotel, I was impressed immediately. It was
clean, modern, and the driver was friendly. The driver—let's call him
David—asked where I was heading and explained the best route. He mentioned that
the National Space Centre was brilliant and gave me tips about what to see
there. This wasn't just a taxi ride; it was actually helpful local knowledge.
Arriving at My First Attraction
The journey to the National Space Centre took about 20 minutes. David
dropped me right at the entrance, and I felt confident and ready to explore.
The taxi in Leicester had worked perfectly. I wasn't stressed, I wasn't lost,
and I was genuinely excited about what I was about to see.
Exploring Leicester's Attractions with Confidence
Once I'd had that first successful taxi journey, I became much more
confident about using a taxi in Leicester to explore different attractions.
The King Richard III Visitor Centre Experience
The next day, I decided to visit the King Richard III Visitor Centre in the
city center. I booked another taxi in Leicester to get me there, and the driver
this time was equally professional. What I loved was that I could enjoy my
surroundings during the journey rather than frantically checking Google Maps
while walking.
The King Richard III story is genuinely fascinating—it's about the king's
remains being discovered in Leicester, which was huge news. The visitor center
explains this brilliantly, and I spent hours there learning about Leicester's
role in English history.
Leicester Market: A Local Adventure
I wanted to experience Leicester like a local, so I asked a taxi driver to
take me to Leicester Market. The driver recommended I go midweek rather than
weekends for a better experience and suggested some good places to eat nearby.
This kind of local tip is something you just don't get from guidebooks.
The market itself was amazing—so much history and so many local businesses.
I bought fresh produce, sampled different foods, and got a real feel for the
community. Using a taxi in Leicester meant I could explore this without worrying
about how I'd get there or back.
The Belgrave Road Experience
On another evening, I felt like trying some authentic Indian food. I'd heard
about Belgrave Road being Leicester's "Golden Mile" for Indian
restaurants and culture. I booked a taxi in Leicester to take me there, worried
a bit about getting back late, but honestly, it was perfectly fine. The taxi
driver knew the area well, recommended a specific restaurant, and then I knew I
could just call Everest Taxis when I wanted to return to my hotel.
Exploring Belgrave Road with the security of knowing I had reliable taxi in
Leicester service available made the whole experience so much more enjoyable. I
wasn't thinking about transport logistics; I was just enjoying the food and
atmosphere.
Why a Taxi in Leicester Beats Other Transport Options
After spending a week in Leicester using various transport methods, I can
honestly tell you why a taxi in Leicester became my preferred way of getting
around.
Buses and Getting Lost
Leicester buses are fine, but if you're new to the city, figuring out the
routes is genuinely confusing. I tried a bus once and ended up going in the
wrong direction. That wasted an hour of my holiday time. A taxi in Leicester
gets you exactly where you want to go without the guesswork.
Walking and Tired Feet
Leicester is spread out more than you'd think. Walking between attractions
sounds nice in theory, but after you've walked for an hour in shoes that
suddenly feel uncomfortable, you realize that a taxi in Leicester is actually a
brilliant investment in your comfort.
Driving Myself (Nightmare!)
Could I have rented a car? Technically, yes. But finding parking in
Leicester city center is genuinely stressful and expensive. I watched other
visitors circling around looking for parking spaces while I was comfortably
sitting in a taxi heading to my next attraction. No thanks to the stress of
driving!
The Taxi Advantage
A taxi in Leicester means:
- Direct
routes to where you actually want to go
- No
navigation stress
- Local
knowledge from the driver
- Ability to
relax and enjoy the city passing by
- Flexibility
to change plans if you want
- Fixed
pricing (no surprise parking fees)
Pricing and Getting Value from Your Taxi in Leicester
As someone watching my budget while traveling, I was really pleased by how
affordable using a taxi in Leicester turned out to be.
Understanding Taxi Costs
From my hotel in the city center to different attractions, here's what I
paid:
- To the National Space Centre:
£12-15 depending on traffic
- To King Richard III Centre:
£3-5 (it's really close!)
- To Leicester Market: £4-6
- To Belgrave Road: £6-8
- To Abbey Park: £8-10
These prices are genuinely reasonable. When you compare it to parking fees,
bus fares, and the value of your time not being wasted, a taxi in Leicester is
excellent value.
How Everest Taxis Keeps Costs Fair
I really appreciated that Everest Taxis was upfront about pricing. When I
booked, they told me what the fare would be. No surprise charges at the end, no
dodgy meters running unnecessarily. Transparency matters when you're traveling
and managing your budget.
Booking Tips to Save Money
Here's what I learned about getting the best value from a taxi in Leicester:
- Book in advance when
possible—sometimes there are slight discounts
- Share taxis with other
hotel guests if you're heading to the same attractions
- Ask about return journeys—sometimes
drivers offer better rates for round trips
- Use the same company consistently—Everest
Taxis recognized me after a few journeys and was genuinely friendly
The Hotel to Attraction Connection
Let me explain exactly how using a taxi in Leicester connects your hotel to
the attractions you want to visit.
Starting from Your Hotel
Most of Leicester's main hotels are conveniently located. Whether you're
staying in the city center, near the train station, or in a quieter area, a
taxi in Leicester can get you to major attractions within 20 minutes maximum.
The Journey Experience
Every time I used Everest Taxis, the drivers knew exactly which attractions
I meant. There was no confusion about directions. They'd just nod and head off,
taking me directly there with professional driving and clean vehicles.
Returning to Your Hotel
After spending hours exploring an attraction, you're often tired. A taxi in
Leicester means you can just call or book one, sit down, and be back at your
hotel relaxing within 10-20 minutes. Compare that to finding a bus stop,
waiting for a bus, and taking a roundabout route—suddenly the taxi seems like
brilliant value.
Late-Night Convenience
One evening, I decided to stay out later than planned, exploring Belgrave
Road and eating at a restaurant. By the time I wanted to go back to my hotel,
it was getting dark. Having a reliable taxi in Leicester service meant I could
enjoy the evening without worrying about getting back safely. That's something
you genuinely can't put a price on.
Safety and Comfort Standards
As a solo traveler, safety and comfort were obviously important
considerations when choosing a taxi in Leicester.
Vehicle Quality and Cleanliness
Every Everest Taxis vehicle I used was spotlessly clean. The seats were
comfortable, the air conditioning worked, and there were no weird smells or
broken features. This consistent quality told me the company actually cared
about their standards.
Professional Driver Behavior
The drivers were all professional, friendly but not overly chatty if I
wasn't in the mood. They drove carefully and at reasonable speeds. Nobody was
rushing or taking dangerous risks. I felt genuinely safe every single time.
Clear Communication
Before each journey, drivers explained the route and approximate time.
During the journey, they'd mention if there was unexpected traffic. This
communication meant I was never anxious or wondering what was happening.
Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs)
What's the best taxi in Leicester to book for exploring
multiple attractions in one day?
Based on my experience, Everest Taxis is consistently reliable for this.
When I wanted to visit multiple attractions, I could book with them for the
entire day. The drivers were professional, the vehicles were comfortable for
longer journeys, and importantly, they knew where all the main attractions
actually were without me having to give complicated directions. I'd recommend
booking in advance and mentioning you're doing a full day of exploring—they can
arrange everything smoothly.
How far in advance should I book a taxi in Leicester for
visiting attractions?
From my experience, booking at least a few hours in advance is sensible,
especially if you're planning to visit during busy times like weekends or
holidays. For less busy periods or weekday visits, booking an hour or two
before is usually fine. I once booked just 20 minutes before needing a taxi,
and Everest Taxis still had a driver available, but I wouldn't rely on that.
The earlier you book, the more guaranteed your spot is, especially if you need
a larger vehicle or have specific requirements.
Can I book a taxi in Leicester for a round trip to explore
multiple attractions?
Absolutely! This was actually really helpful when I wanted to visit a couple
of attractions. I could book a taxi in Leicester that would take me to one
attraction, wait while I spent an hour or two exploring, then take me to the
next attraction. This works perfectly, and it's often cheaper than booking
separate taxis. When you book, just explain what you want to do, and Everest
Taxis will work with you to arrange it.
What should I do if I want a taxi in Leicester but don't know
exactly how long I'll spend at an attraction?
That's fine—this happened to me several times! When booking a taxi in
Leicester, you can arrange a pickup time with flexibility. You give them an
estimated time, and if you need more time, you just call and they'll adjust.
The drivers are used to this because lots of tourists don't know exactly how
long they'll spend exploring something. Just communicate clearly, and they'll
make it work.
Is it expensive to use a taxi in Leicester compared to other
transport options for tourists?
From my experience, it's actually quite reasonable when you consider
everything. Yes, a single taxi ride costs more than a single bus journey, but
when you factor in time saved, stress avoided, and the value of local knowledge
from drivers, it's genuinely good value. I spent about £50-60 on taxis during a
full week of exploring, which seems like nothing compared to the time and
enjoyment I got back. Plus, you avoid parking fees, navigation stress, and the
physical exhaustion of walking everywhere.
Final Thoughts
My entire visit to Leicester was genuinely transformed by using a taxi in
Leicester whenever I wanted to explore different attractions. What could have
been a stressful trip, full of navigation worries and getting lost, turned into
a brilliant, relaxing experience where I could actually enjoy what this
fantastic city has to offer.
Leicester is a city
absolutely worth exploring. From its fascinating historical sites to its
vibrant cultural areas like Belgrave Road, from world-class attractions like
the National Space Centre to hidden gem markets and parks, there's genuinely so
much to see. But you'll enjoy it so much more when you're not stressed about
getting around.
Using a taxi in Leicester with Everest Taxis made exploring effortless. The
drivers were friendly and knowledgeable, the vehicles were always clean and
comfortable, and the pricing was fair and transparent. Whether you're staying
in a local hotel or just visiting for the day, I genuinely recommend using a
taxi in Leicester to explore the attractions that interest you. You'll save
time, reduce stress, and actually be able to focus on enjoying the experience
rather than worrying about logistics.
Connect With Us on Social Media
Contact Us
Email: info@everesttaxis.co.uk
Phone: 01162 666 333
Address: 157a
Loughborough Rd, Belgrave, Leicester LE4 5LR, United Kingdom

Comments
Post a Comment